Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cupcakes & Leadership

I was asked to teach a class on leadership & team builing to a group of people going through a leadership class through the town of Vivian.  For the past month, the students have attended a different class each week on topics including government practices, health care, community organizations, etc.  I was super excited to help out by teaching this class for a couple of reasons: 1. Vivian is my hometown.   2. I think community involvement and service are crucial!!!  As I was preparing for my class, I tried to think about what topics and activities would be most effective in helping to educate the students about leadership styles and would also help to foster collaboration and team building.

After much thought, I realized the most important element would be to make cupcakes for the class! :)

One of the activites was to list characteristics of an effective vs. ineffective leader.  This is what one of the groups came up with.  To be quite honest, it made my heart very happy! :)


Needless to say, they enjoyed the cupcakes and hopefully learned a little something about leadership too!

0 comments: