Friday, October 23, 2009

daphne + the impsons + cupcakes = happiness

Early this morning(7am to be exact!), I was very happy to celebrate my friend Daphne's birthday with cupcakes, coffee and good conversation. Daphne and I met a few years back when she was an intern at the organization I was working for. We instantly hit it off and became fast friends. Soon after, I left the program for a new job and Daphne finished her internship and got her master's degree in social work (first master's degree in her family - just wanted to point that out!). Lucky for me, Daphne and I ended up being co-workers again for over a year while working in a mentoring program together. Sadly, I don't get to see Daphne as much as I'd like to because I took a new job back in August. So, I thought her birthday would be a great time to catch up and celebrate the fabulousness that is her. Below are some pictures of the festivities, which include the other partner in crime in the mentoring program, Matt, and his lovely wife and my dear friend, Jacqui. These three people make me very happy, even at 7am! :)


Note: Matt's sad little cupcake is not a cupcake queen creation! :) Matt has lost over 150 pounds on weight watchers and is looking fly these days. The reason he is looking so fly is because of his neurotic discipline, which honestly makes me want to throw up......just a little! Seriously, I am super proud of Matt and what he has accomplished and quite frankly, when he pulled out his mini cupcake so that he could be a part of the party, Daphne, Jacqui and I thought it was the funniest thing we had ever seen. Good times, I tell you!!

How can you not love these two??? Honestly, they make me happier than cupcakes. Who knew?

My sweet friends, Jacqui and Daphne enjoying scrumptious german chocolate cupcakes. I love these girls!
Happy Birthday, Daphne! You are loved!



2 comments:

Matt Impson said...

Dearest Cupcake Queen,

While I appreciate the mention of my fly-ness, I feel I should set the record straight. I have not lost 150 pounds on Weight Watchers. I have lost 170.8

Thank you for the opportunity to get that off of my chest.

Be well.

Matt

The Cupcake Queen said...

Dearest Matt Impson,

If you'll re-read my post, you'll notice that I said, "MORE than 150 lbs.). However, you deserve your props so I'll make it right. Promise!

Sincerely,
TCQ