Sunday, October 25, 2009

bookclubs, vampires & cupcakes, oh my!!!


Back in August, I started a book club with some of my favorite people (you know who you are: jacqui, dana, brandy & candace!!). Each month we take turns choosing a book and hosting the get-together. This month, Dana (or as I have affectionately called her since grade school..Dana Burger), chose the book, "Let the Right One In". Now, one of the reasons I love book club so much is that it forces me to read things that I wouldn't normally, this book being a prime example. It's a brilliantly creepy vampire book (note: my boring, sweater vest wearing self generally chooses memoirs or something incredibly non-ficition.)!! So, Dana thought it was a very appropriate book for the month of October (Halloween and all) and asked that I make red velvet cupcakes (it is a vampire book afterall) with buttercream frosting in honor of our slightly terrifying book selection, to which I happily obliged.



Dana was lucky to find the movie version of the book at target so not only did we eat a wonderful dinner provided by Dana herself (bow tie pasta with a delicious vodka sauce and french bread with pesto....yes lawd!) and have a wonderful discussion about the book, but we also watched the movie!!


mmmmm.....

check out the beautiful red color......

looking good......

smelling good........

tasting good......

the one and only, dana burger.

the ridiculously adorable, brandy.

finished creepy book club cupcakes.







overview of the evening: GOOD TIMES!
overview of the cupcakes: YUMMO!

2 comments:

Jerry Phelps said...

your brilliance astounds me. these cuppycakes are unreal. so creative. loooooooves it.

The Cupcake Queen said...

thanks, herk! i can't wait to make some for you and your nyc peeps when i come thanksgiving!