Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicago Part II


My first trip outside of my neighborhood was to the lake with Kristen (roommate) and Mindy (friend from NYC) last week.  We packed our lunches and Sophie and headed for a relaxing day lake side.  Well, Kristen, Sophie and I relaxed while Mindy ran like a mother - who knows where, probably to New York and back.  I kid.  However, don't be mistaken, the girl is a beast and has mad skills.  I wish I had a fraction of her discipline but mostly feel content sending prayers to the Almighty One above thanking Him/Her for never giving me the desire to run like Forrest Gump.

I digress.  

The lake was lovely and peaceful and captivating.  


The park that runs alongside the lake is equally as lovely.


The water is ridiculously beautiful and blue!  It feels much more like the ocean than the lake.  I'll take it!


I'm not the only one who enjoyed chillaxin'.  Sophie has found her new favorite spot in Chicago.  

Can you tell? :)

She did really great all day until a man walked over ogling her and asked, "Does she bite?" Of course I responded with an emphatic, "No!" So the man reaches his hand down to pet her and she goes ballistic barking at him.  Poor man probably peed his pants.  That dang Sophie made a liar of me but it was funny as hell.


Yesterday, I had my first Chicago Public Transit experience.  It was great and so easy to use.  Who knew?  After using the subway in NYC, this seems like a flippin' breeze.  


If you ever want to visit, this is my stop. :)


My frist train ride took me downtown to The Loop for a little walking, sight-seeing and shopping.  

First stop.....


Millennium Park is phenomenal. 

Just see for yourself...



Then, I crossed over Michigan Ave and headed to State Street for some Shopping.




I crossed the River to catch a different train back and am glad I did that because otherwise I would not have been able to experience this glorious site.


I mean, really, Chicago is gorgeous!!  And, I live here! Yay me!!

Oh yeah, and, one more thing....although I haven't been here yet, this is less than a mile from my apartment.


Quick, someone pinch me!

0 comments: