Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL...
One of my favorite things about living in Louisiana is the Mardi Gras Season!  The past two weekends I attended parades with friends and family, ate too much King Cake and all-around acted like a fool to get random strangers to throw me beads, toys, dubloons, hot dogs and moon pies.  Yes, you heard me right, HOT DOGS and MOON PIES.  My favorite parade doesn't stop at beads - they throw food!! :)

Yesterday, my Mom and Aunts hosted a ladies meeting at their church and asked me to make them some Mardi Gras cupcakes. So, in honor of my favorite Louisiana tradition, I give you Mardi Gras cupcakes...........

(WARNING:  the purple frosting photographed blue-ish. YIKES!)
My lovely Mom & Aunts
One of my favorite people ever, Karen!
My friend, Sharon, enjoying a cupcake.....a little too much maybe! :)
My favortie Mardi Gras picture this year.  My friend Helen's daughter, Maggie, at the Krewe of Highland parade.  She was playing her trumpet and waiting to catch more beads.
 AH-FREAKING-DORABLE!

0 comments: