Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BFF, Charlie & Elmo = LOVE

I took advantage of the long weekend afforded to me by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (BTW: While I was very grateful for the day off it must be noted that I am significantly more grateful for his legacy and profound work in furthering the civil rights movement. One of my favorite quotes: "Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.") by taking a quick road trip to Oklahoma to visit my best friend, Cassie and her family.

Cassie and I became instant friends our freshman year in college and have been inseparable ever since. There are many things that I love and admire about Cassie but nothing as great as watching her become a wonderful mother to her son, Joshua (I like to call him Charlie!). She is what a mother should be - kind, patient, fun, and loving.

Needless to say, I had a great time playing with both Cassie and Joshua (Charlie!). Joshua loves Elmo so the obvious thing to do was make Elmo cupcakes, right?!? :) Of course! So, that is what we did.....


Charlie was excited about his cupcake!!!

Cassie was smart and took his clothes off before he started eating - I should've gotten an "after" picture. He was COVERED in red icing........cutest. thing. ever.
Thank you, Cassie, for a great weekend and for being my BFF!! I love you and Charlie! :)

3 comments:

Cassie Sory said...

Thanks for coming to visit and for making Elmo cupcakes for Joshua! I am thankful for you and your friendship! Love you!

Rachel said...

Ella LOVED these cupcakes! She said "It's Elmo's face!!" You always do such a great job and we enjoy seeing your new creations! Keep it up!

The Cupcake Queen said...

Thanks, Rachel!! I'm glad to know that you and Ella like the blog! :)