Saturday, August 4, 2012

Prepare yourselves.....

...it's bloggy blog time!!


I've been trying to come up with reasons why I haven't blogged in a million years but can't think of one plausible excuse so I'm just going to go forward from here and do my best to catch up.  

Our precious students returned this week so I have a lot to fill you in on regarding work, however, I'm going to take it back to the beginning of summer break first.

Okay, here goes.

Summer break started mid-June and I wasted no time getting myself (and my dog) to Louisiana for a visit!  We drove straight to my sister's lake house to enjoy the lake, fishing and hanging out with the family.

Ahhhhh...Louisiana.




Look closely and you can see my Boogs (Tyler) in the pirogue.

It really was great!  I gave me a chance to unwind and decompress from a long school year.

We did venture out from the Lake a couple of times, one of which produced snow cones. Yes, Lawd!  For some strange reason, Chicago doesn't have snow cones. Seriously Chicago, you don't have a clue what you're missing!!



I also had a reunion of epic proportions with the greatest friends ever in life! 

Cantina Laredo + Beautiful People + Tasty Margaritas + Laughter = Perfection








I decided to make the most of my trip home to Louisiana so I decided not to limit my time just to The Dirty Shreve.  So, I went to NOLA for a few days to visit my very wonderful friend-sista-cousin. 





It was so much fun catching up with Bran Bran & Riggins and eating my way through NOLA, especially shrimp po 'boys! :)

Riggins.

The love of my life. I may or may not have consumed 2 of these bad boys within 12 hours.



Beignet Debris.


After NOLA, I spent a lot of time just hanging out at my Parents' house. 
Mostly, putting up with these two:






Other things I enjoyed during my trip:
  • Cupcake-making with Jacqui, Sam (Logan), Candace & Tori
  • Dinner with Toya & Helen
  • Shopping at Dillards (Why isn't there one in Chicago?)
  • Craft Day with my sister
  • Mowing the lawn and weeding the flower bed
  • Swimming
  • Having lunch with my favorite VOA co-workers
  • Finding Toya's lovely face on a poster at Starbucks
  • Eating, Eating, Eating and Eating
Perhaps the best thing was seeing my Dad ride around on his old-school, bootleg tractor! :)


Lastly, while I was home, I was fortunate to be able to celebrate Austin's 14th birthday.  Although it makes me feel super old that he is now 14 and in 9th grade, I was very happy to be able to celebrate with him!

He chose lemon pie over cake.  My kind of boy.

This boy loves cash!

As you can see, it was a fabulous trip home filled with fabulous food, fabulous fun and fabulous people.

 I love Louisiana!!

0 comments: