Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I love you....I love you more.

I got the sweetest phone call today from a sweet little soul that I love so very much. 


Hearing her beautiful voice and having the opportunity to tell her how much I love her and miss her and hearing her repeat the same words to me made this day go from ordinary to extraordinary.  No lie.  A five minute phone conversation and having the chance to say, "I love you!" and hear her response of "I love you more!" is all it took to make my heart so profoundly happy.  It's always been interesting to me how people can impact your life without them knowing it and in my life in particular, it's interesting how a seven-year-old has accomplished just that.  This sweet little life has taught me how to love unselfishly and has shown me what true resiliency looks like.  She has blessed my life in ways that I can't even explain and has filled my life with so much joy and happiness. 

My prayer is that she will always know that she is a survivor, a champion and an overcomer.  That she will know that she is wonderfully made and that there is a divine purpose for her life.  That she will always feel loved and affirmed and wanted. 

I'm constantly overwhelmed at the thought of how such a little girl has made such a big impression on my life and am so completely grateful to have her in my life.  It's surreal how this little person makes me want to be a better big person.

0 comments: